This month, I have more fun than work planned.
The large garden has been producing green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, and green onions.
Hopefully I will have some cherry tomatoes ready in the next few days. 😀
As you can see, the DIY cucumber trellis is up and the cucumbers are climbing!
I can hardly bear to look at this garden. It is getting quite a bit of shade now and the fall crops are bolting and I have some bare spots, which I despise!
I should be able to grow some basil here. I also just planted some ‘Kentucky Wonder’ green beans there today.
Here is my list for June; I only consider the first item to be work, the rest is fun!
- Mulch shed garden.
- Get 200 likes for the Coffee to Compost Facebook page. I’m sooo close!
- Plant sweet potato slips that I started from a potato from last year.
- Plant purple-hulled peas. These do a great job of enduring the North Florida summer heat and humidity.
- Plant more basil for homemade pesto.
- Hopefully, I will have tons of tomatoes soon. Guess I will have to endure harvesting those orbs of awesomeness.
- Make Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad.
- Make homemade PICKLES!!! I made some last year and we have been looking forward to them so much!!
- Oh yes, one more thing. BLTs!
What’s on your to-do list?